Saturday, November 1, 2008

The simple love of my cousin for Jesus

God has really been working in the life of my family. He even uses a little child to draws people to him.

Backround:
My cousin staying at my house who is only 5 years old is the child i am refering to. She is not from a christian background but her nursey is "bukit panjang presbyterian church", so she is exposed to Jesus.

Although she is very young, she loves to read the stories in the children bible about God. I have recently started to read the children bible to her (2 weeks ago) and she really enjoyed it so much that she had been asking me to read to her everytime she sees me. Praise to God that she even said she was not hungry during dinner and read the bible next to the dinner table infront of everyone. She sure challenged me to have even more desire to read the bible. Another testimony is that when she came back from holiday with her family at genting, the first thing she said to me when she saw me was something like," Elder brother, I want to read bible with you." Can you believe that from a 5 years old girl? Indeed praise the Lord for he draws children to him!!!

God had used her for me as a conversational topic to reach out to her mom who only been to church twice. I came to an understanding that she believes that Jesus is what he claims to be - the son of god. But somehow she too believes in all the other Gods. It is not for me to judge but i feel that she sees Christianity as "just another religion" and not a Relationship with God. So, i doubt she really believes in Jesus. She seems quite interested to find out more about what Jesus says in the bible so she agreed to read the bible with me when she is free. Her heart is open.

God works in his own way which i can never fully understand..

Matthew 19:14
14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Oh Lord, what can i say, your love, your compassion, your mercy for me. How sweet is your love for me. Oh, i just cant stop praising you.
'cause I, I know You're there,
I know You see me
You're the air I breatheYou are the ground beneath me
I know You're there, I know You hear me
I can find You anywhere

No comments: